Skip to main content

A decade worth of prose and poetry


A decade worth of prose and poetry
Writing us into pieces we author for our compilation
Word never subject to interpretation
-          we are who we are
Where you begin is where I end
In the same orbit we circle infinitely
Minding the same garden of thought
-          you know what I’m about to say before I say it
Starting raging fires, we soothe the burn with whispered sweet nothings
You take my hand, and worlds collide
A coven of the blind leading the blind
We stride in unapologetically
Do you not know what you do to me?

You bury yourself inside my body
-          each time dying a million tiny deaths
In the aftermath you quake and shake
I give in and let myself go
The most painful kind of pleasure, victim to all the feelings we can’t help but let show
You demand to know if he could ever take me in like you do
-          in my entirety I shudder
The depths of a most virile possessiveness
-          a place I both fear and with bated breath anticipate
My throat tightens
My legs a rocking chair while I cradle all the faces of your manhood
A flood and waves close enough to sweep us under
How can life carry onto forever without the likes of us?
Love, hate and two soul’s wanderlust

So wherever you go, both on this earth and beyond
Like a decade worth of prose and poetry, I will never be too far behind

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Save Me

They smear stains on my truest form Scotched fingerprints on every crevice of my brittle soul They fall like rain over any surface that defines the essence of my being Weak knees quake I don't ever breathe I break Save me Space encloses me in an asylum that houses stray thoughts They haphazardly attach to the cracks in my voice Sinking feeling I am barely living Save me Night terrors await from behind my door They take me everyday and I can't sleep anymore They nurse me against ghosts from the past They whisper "It will always be just you and us" Save me They drive me to drink On the verge of collapse I linger on the brink The weight of the world crushes my shoulders They throw bricks that hit me like boulders The ground seems to open up so I barrow below Time catches up and my heart beats slow Save me They drag at the seams of my clothing They stire the dust waking sleeping dogs that lie I suffocate cries under my pillow The fea...

Do you remember

Do you remember when voices from the past called me to your side Do you remember when both our heartbeats were the toughest to hide Do you remember when you called me a gift because to you time had never been too kind Do you remember when you said my stubbornness was my strength and not a weakness Do you remember the holes we patched over like a seasoned seamstress Do you remember when you touched me and it felt so good I couldn't imagine how I had existed with so much less Do you remember when we got home and all you wanted to see was my body underneath that dress Do you remember when you whispered love and chuckled like you were new to this Do you remember when our eyes met and it was as natural as coming up for a kiss Do you remember when you made me laugh until my belly was sore Do you remember when you promised you wanted to give me all that and more Do you remember when the cancer started to grow Do you remember when we started fighting and we didn't even know...

Blood Stains On The Pavement

Blood stains on the pavement The footprints of an extinguishing life force Squalor, death and rust They care not for us Gunshots, disembodied screams And the ever-present swan song of police sirens Little kids play on concrete streets No place to house innocence when home possesses no safety, Nor does it offer security In the men we can never trust, devoid of wisdom and humility     Masculinity as fragile as a wine glass We once wore deviance as the voice of the silenced Now we neatly tuck it away together with all the agency of our womanhood We weave street lights like moths to flame My brothers forget us My sisters allow it And the children cannot help but witness it They placate our existence with the amnesia we find at the bottom of a bottle They wait like vultures They poison us with unsolicited prescriptions, When only they carry the sickness Young boys raise hands and fists For a cause rooted only in violen...